The Government of Ontario has announced that public libraries are now permitted to offer pickup and delivery services as part of the first stage of the government’s reopening framework. We are thrilled to inform our patrons that we will be offering these services beginning on Tuesday, May 26th and you can start placing your holds/requests/reserves immediately.
We can assure you that Library staff will be adhering to health and safety guidelines to help minimize risks to staff and patrons and limit the exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Staff will self-assess for symptoms daily before coming to work, using the online tool: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ . Although gloves will not be worn, thorough and frequent hand washing will be enforced and high touch surfaces will be disinfected on a regular basis throughout the day.
Here’s how it will work…
- Returned items will only be accepted via the drop box, quarantined undisturbed for at least 72 hours, then surface sanitized before being returned to the shelves or loaned to the next patron.
*Please note that your returned item will not be “checked-in” for at least 3 days after being returned. Overdue charges will not be applied to your account during this phase.
- Your requests can be made by phoning the library at 613-395-2837, emailing email@example.com or placing a hold/reserve on your account by clicking the ‘Online Catalogue’ link at the top of the page.
- Staff will contact you when your item is ready and arrange a pick-up time.
- Once you have arrived, please call 613-395-2837 and remain in your vehicle until your item(s) has been placed on the table outside for retrieval. If you are on foot/bike, please wait at least six feet from the table. If you are unable to leave your vehicle, staff will place the item(s) in your open trunk or passenger seat.
- Staff will wipe down the table between patrons.
We are happy to be able to begin serving our patrons again. It’s been a long couple of months and we have missed you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Stay safe and….happy reading!